Friday, January 19, 2018

Keeping the Faith By God's Grace





  Recently I had the privilege of being interviewed on the Generations Radio program.  The interview was on the topic of keeping the faith by God's grace.  The conversation was about how God preserves the faith through multiple generations.  The radio host, Kevin Swanson, and I were both homeschooled back in the pioneer or vintage days of the homeschooling movement and were able to give testimony to how the Lord used our home education experiences to give us a kingdom-minded outlook on life.
  If you have ever had questions about homeschooling, what homeschool graduates think of their home education experience, family discipleship, what to do with hypocrisies in ministries, leaving a spiritual legacy to your children, prioritizing the demands and opportunities of life, and many other such topics then you might find this interview interesting.
  Kevin grew up a missionary kid (MK), and I grew up a preacher's kid (PK).  Both of us have seen our share of falling outs and hypocrisies in various ministries, and we discuss how a person can go through that and still hold fast to Christ.  Our hope must be solidly rooted in Christ alone!  As the old song goes,  "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!" Truly our hope is not in homeschooling, a church, a pastor, a conference speaker, a parenting method, or in anything else but in Christ alone.
  My experiences in the homeschooling movement span the space of almost four decades now.  A lot has changed since the early days of the modern homeschooling movement.  I praise God for the exponential growth in the movement and share from lessons I have learned along the way.
  Home education is not for the faint of heart, but it is such a worthy thing to pour our lives into for the glory of God. I like to think of our home as a discipleship center where we are seeking to point our children to the Lord in all we do and in all that we teach.  As we teach and train our children we also want to constantly be leading them in praise to our glorious Lord.  It is my prayer that I will be faithful today and that the Lord will bring fruit of that for generations to come.  Certainly the Lord is the only one who can save our children and lead them towards this vision of generational faithfulness. Now I will leave you with the link and pray it blesses and encourages your hearts.  https://www.generations.org/programs/846




4 comments:

  1. Great reminder, thank you.
    #modestmonday
    Katelynn, hampersandhiccups.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in the midst of a difficult week, and I needed this today. Thank you, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey, I'm saying a prayer for you today. We all have those difficult weeks. I find that those weeks actually draw me closer to Christ as I am reminded of my human limitations and great need for God's wisdom and strength. May the Lord bless you.

      Delete