Thursday, April 16, 2009

Look Who Is a Happy Five Month Old!!!

Abbie Joy turned Five Months last Saturday. I love this picture, because she looks like she is very proud of her birthday. :) I absolutely cannot put into words what a blessing she is to our family. When I think back and remember that there were times after Lauren and Gabriel when I was not sure if we could handle more children, it just blows my mind to think of what we would have missed had we not had a third and a fourth child. I think the Lord grows us gradually into His purposes for us. At that time I had only grown enough for the two, but I am so thankful that the Lord has been faithful to teach me and gently guide me as we have added each new little life to our family.
Abbie Joy has the most adorable smile and the sweetest demeanor. She will often snuggle up to me and just rest so contentedly. She truly is a joy spot in my life, so I guess we picked the right name for her. There are many moments when the four children overwhelm us, however, the overall big picture is that we have been incredibly blessed. We are so thankful that the Lord has entrusted these children into our care. We pray that we will be found faithful.


Here is a quote that expresses my heart and passion for the job I do at home with our children.

"The most important occupation on the earth for a woman is to be a real mother to her children. It does not have much glory in it; there is a lot of grit and grime. But there is no greater place of ministry, position, or power than that of a mother."

That being said, I know that I am unable to be the mother I aspire to be apart from the Lord. Sometimes instead of praying for strength for the day I find myself praying for strength for the next moment. :) My encouragement is that "He Who has called me is faithful." To Him be the glory.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment