Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snow!






Well, I did not believe the weather forecasters when they said we had a good chance of snow, but they were right! I have very seldom ever seen snow fall like it did yesterday. It was early on in December for such a snowfall too. It was exciting; the kids were so eager to get out in it. Our family walked around the water retention area in our neighborhood. It was a cold walk but magical to see everything covered in white. I told the children that the Lord blessed us with a special gift yesterday. It was also great that Daddy got to come home early from work. We just spent the day in the house with the fireplace going and watched Old Yeller as a family after dinner. It was a cozy kind of a day. What an unexpected blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth!

    You have a blog, yay! (This is Kelly from church, by the way)

    I loved the snow. It was so much fun for my kids who haven't really seen snow. It was such a cozy day for us. We loved firing up the fireplace and watching movies under blankets. I wish we got more of that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! It was great getting to visit with you last night. Matt enjoyed talking with your husband as well. I hope you guys can make it to the christmas party Friday night. :)

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete