Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lies



I have an excellent book on my shelf titled "Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free." It is written by one of my favorite Bible teachers Nancy Leigh DeMoss. The book basically puts out a lot of lies we women are prone to believe and contrasts them with the truths in God's Word. I thought it might be fun to go through the book and post some of the lies vs. truths on my blog to share with my readers. Hopefully it will be mutually edifying. :) I might end up making it a series as there is no way I could get it all in one post. Please be sure and share if something speaks to you. :)

Lie: God Is Not Really Good
The Truth:

  • God Is Good , And Everything He Does Is Good


"Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind! - Ps 31:19

  • God Never Makes Mistakes

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His pupose." -Romans 8:28

Lie: God Doesn't Love Me

Truth:

  • God's love for me is infinite and unconditional.

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith-that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." - Eph. 3:14-19

  • I don't have to perform to earn God's love or favor

  • God always has my best interests at heart - Ps 21
This last one is a good reminder to me. I know God loves me, but I find myself feeling less loved when I'm not meeting up to my expectations of myself. It is comforting to know that my Savior LOVES me for me in my ups and downs and struggles and all. I don't love my children any less when they disappoint me. I just want to help them to do better. How comforting to remember that the Lord loves me no less when I mess things up. He just wants to help me to keep being conformed to His image becoming more and more like Him day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment