Saturday, March 17, 2018

Moving From Surviving to Thriving and Leaving a Legacy

Last weekend I had the privilege of speaking at a local homeschool event, and I thought I would give a little recap on how the day went.  I really feel the Lord opened the door for me to speak there, and it was a really neat experience as I had never spoken at a homeschool event before.  Now I have sat through hours upon hours of talks at homeschool conferences, but it was a different thing altogether to be the one doing the talking instead of the listening.



  My husband and I enjoyed being at our booth and the conversations we had with those who stopped by.  There was everything from the family thinking about pulling children out of public school to the seasoned homeschool family almost done with the journey.  We were thankful for each conversation we had with those passing by.




  During my talk I gave a copy of my book "Legacy Reflections of a Homeschooled, Homeschooling Mama" away to a fellow homeschool graduate.  I always get so excited when I see homeschooling grads taking the legacy of home education into the next generation.


  I really enjoyed the experience and just being able to offer encouragement and maybe a few fresh ideas to some younger mamas who are new to the journey.
  My talk was called "Moving From Surviving to Thriving While Leaving a Legacy."  I tried to cast vision for the important ministry of home education/home discipleship while at the same time giving some practical helps for managing the daily tasks.  I will likely play the talk on the "Legacy Homeschool Reflections Podcast" in the near future so do stay tuned.
  That is about all I have for today.  The weather has been perfect for gardening, so I need to get back outside and keep working at planting my little vegetable plants.  The girls and I spent the last couple of days planting, picking wildflowers, and enjoying the freeness and newness of spring.  Blessings to you all!



"He changes times and seasons;
    he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to those who have understanding." - Daniel 2:21


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through the Wise Woman Link up and I'm so glad I did. A friend gave me a copy of your book a while back and I'm sad to say that I haven't read it yet. With so little extra time, book reading doesn't usually jump to the front of my spare moments. :) I am the mama of six, 11 and under. I just started first grade with my 4th yesterday. Days are busy! :) But, it's fun to read this post and see that the author of that book is a real person (with another large family!) and I'm now really looking forward to it. :)

    Blessings,
    Babychaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! What a small world that someone would give you my book and then you would find the blog. I took a peek at your blog and LOVE your beautiful artwork and all the Scripture! You are very talented, and I enjoyed seeing the lovely garden sketches! I am impressed with all your sketches, cards, and journals. Thank you for stopping by the blog! Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete