Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation




I don't know how it is possible, but my little man has graduated from kindergarten. Our church has a ceremony for all the kindergarten grads each year. It is a special time to celebrate their accomplishment in finishing their first year of schooling. It is the time when they leave the church preschool department and go to the grade school department. Gabriel received a special graduation bear.
We listen to many cds as part of our schooling, and one has a song I tell Gabriel is my song for him. It is called A Man of God. It goes like this:

I don't care if you play football or play in the band,
I don't care if you're a doctor or a garbage man,
It doesn't matter if you're good in school or great at art,
There's just one thing I care with all my heart;

That you grow up to be a man of God,
That you use His Word as a measuring rod,
That you love your neighbor as yourself,
That you do not trust in this world's wealth,
That you grow up to be a man of God.

I don't care if you're a loner or have lots of friends,
I don't care if your clothes are new or they have lots of mends,
It doesn't matter if you're tall and thin, or short and round,
There's just one important thing that I have found;

That you grow up to be a man of God,
That you use His Word as a measuring rod,
That you love your neighbor as yourself, That you do not trust in this world's wealth, That you grow up to be a man of God.

I think that is the sweetest little song, and it certainly is my prayer for Gabriel. Above all else I want my son to grow up into a man of God.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruth! Congrats to Gabriel !! I love the words to that song, I will have to look for it. Hope all is well with you and your family. God Bless!
    ~Lori in Michigan
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/henhouse

    ReplyDelete