Monday, January 18, 2010

Mothering Really Does Matter





"You are as much serving God in looking after your own children,
and training them up in God's fear,
and minding the house,
and making your household a church for God,

as you would be if you had been called
to lead an army to battle
for the Lord of hosts."


~Charles Spurgeon

What a great quote! Sometimes I am tempted to think the daily ins and outs of changing diapers, feeding children, disciplining bad behavior, assigning school work, cooking, laundry............and so forth don't count for much on my accomplishment list. According to God's will for me these things really do matter. I may grow weary in the tasks, but they never become unimportant priorities. It is nice to be reminded that the Lord is using me to equip the next generation for impacting His kingdom. Our home is the training ground for the children the Lord has entrusted us with. That is a responsibility of great magnitude.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Honey. I am so blessed to have you as the mother of my children. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this quote. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote-thank you for sharing it. It is very encouraging. Hope all is going well with you and the family.
    Lori in Michigan

    ReplyDelete