Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cousin Faith's Wedding!






Two of our girls had the joy of participating in their cousin Faith's wedding. I first met Faith when she was a toddler and enjoyed watching her grow up in the church my dad pastored. I taught her Sunday school, piano lessons, children's choir, etc. One of my sweet memories of her is when she sang a solo of Happy Birthday Jesus in the church children's choir program at Christmas. She could really sing and still can! Well, fast forward a few years, and her Uncle Matt moved in with her and her family. He was moving to Houston to go to University of Houston. He was going to live with their family. Since they attended the church my dad pastored Matt began attending too. Well, if you haven't put the pieces together yet, Mat became my Dear husband several years later. :) My little student Faith became my niece Faith!
I have to say I am encouraged by Faith's godly example. She has served the Lord and grown in grace and character. She was home schooled and developed many skills in home making, music, crafts, etc. Our Lilly Faith is named after her. Faith also has a sister, Heather, who is also a lovely lady. Heather is a little older and was my friend who became my niece. :) Both Heather and Faith are precious to Matt and I. It was a joy for our girls to be included in Faith's special day. Here are some pictures from the big day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth!
    I found your blog today via your comment on generationcedar. Once upon a time, I too had five children nine and under, and I just wanted to say hello! And also, enjoy these busy days as much as you can, because they really do fly by! My oldest is almost 17 and my youngest is 9 now, and we still have fun, but I wish I had taken the time to enjoy the "young years" more. It looks like you're already doing that! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa, for the encouraging comment. May the Lord bless you today!

    ReplyDelete