Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Changing Seasons

We are spending lots of time outdoors these days tending to the garden, letting the chickens out of their coop in the mornings, playing with kitties, and watering plants and flowers. Life has changed a lot in our family since my firstborn was little. Back then I spent a lot of time shopping, attending play groups, doing Bible studies, Mops, etc. I have fond memories of that season, and yet I am enjoying our current season even more. These days we spend most of our time at home enjoying one another and our growing farm life. It struck me the other day, as I was watching Lilly Faith run around the chickens, that the way she is growing up is so different from Lauren's first few years. Lilly Faith is the first baby that knows nothing different than to have animals, a garden and running and playing outdoors all the time. Honestly I think, for our family, the change is for the better. I love being at home enjoying God's creation with my children. There is something about animals and even the garden that children naturally love. Yes, much has changed and I am thankful for it. The Lord is good and continues to guide us through the changing seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment