Sunday, October 7, 2018

Canning Grapes and Good Books


  Hello Friends,  I hope you had a nice week.  Are you enjoying the changing of seasons?  It still feels hot and muggy here, but word has it that Texas might possibly get a cold front next week.  :)  
  This week has flown by, but one accomplishment on the home front was the canning of some grapes.  I was not sure that you could can grapes, but I saw a good sale on them and started researching on Pinterest.  What I found is that you can easily can grapes by simply stemming them, washing them, adding a sugar/water syrup, and then giving them a water bath.  Because I like to limit our sugar intake, I made a light syrup of more water than sugar.  I really think the red grapes turned out pretty.  As I look at the various things I have been able to can I love seeing the different colors sitting on my pantry shelves.  It is a sweet feeling of accomplishment for which I am thankful.  





  Now that the grapes are canned I am thinking they will be great to eat as they are, but we can also open a can and add other fruits to create a fruit salad.  Due to time constraints I did not make any grape jelly, but since grape jelly is one of my favorites I think I will try that next time I find grapes at a good price.  
  In other news my mom recently took me shopping for my birthday.  I was thrilled to get this new quilt set from Cracker Barrel.  I had been using the same quilt for the longest time, and it is really fun to see something new.  This quilt is the wedding ring quilt pattern, and I really like the roses inside each ring.  The old quilt will be kept for extra warmth on cold nights (Yes, we do get some cold winter nights in Texas), but I am really enjoying this brand new set with lighter colors than what I had before.  The white pillows against the headboard are European pillows from Walmart.  



  Lastly I want to share a book series that we found at a conference back in August.  It is called The Building on the Rock Series and has some powerful and inspiring short stories that we have been enjoying reading in our circle and Bible times.  I like to share good books with you, because I have a passion for encouraging Christian families to choose the best of literature that will inspire our families towards loving Christ, living for the kingdom of God and walking in godliness.  This series is definitely one I would recommend.  Blessings to you as we enter another week and seek to live it for the glory of God.  



Image result for fall bible verse



No comments:

Post a Comment