Monday, October 15, 2018

Making My Own All Purpose House Cleaner


A couple of weeks ago the girls and I canned some oranges and decided to try to make our own all purpose house cleaner out of the orange peels.  What we did is put the peels in Mason jars and then pour white distilled vinegar over the top.  Then we put on the lids and let the jars sit for a couple of weeks.  This morning I opened up the jars and poured the liquid contents into spray bottles.  It was a very easy thing to do, and I am really happy with the results!  The orange color came out really pretty, and I like knowing this is a non-toxic way of cleaning our home. The smell of the oranges really helps with the stink of the vinegar.  You could also add a drop of essential oil if you want to play around with different recipes and scents.  It was nice to find a purpose for the orange peels that came off the oranges that we canned.  Do you make any homemade cleaners?  I would love to hear about them.  Blessings to you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment