Monday, October 25, 2010

Eleven Sweet Years

It is hard to believe, but Matt and I just celebrated eleven years of marriage. I am incredibly blessed by the wonderful man God gave me to be my husband.

We spent the day shopping for a bicycle for me and a bicycle trailer to pull behind it. We bought the bike and brought it home. Matt and I took a short bike ride. It had been years since I last rode a bike. It felt good, but I quickly saw how out of shape I am.


After our bike ride we went to dinner at Lupe Tortilla's. It was a simple anniversary but good. Anytime I get to spend with my husband is good in my eyes. We seldom get time to go out without all the children, so it was good. We did take Lilly Faith though.
After eleven years it is encouraging to look back and see how the Lord has grown us in our knowledge of Him, our understanding of each other, and He is continuing to grow us as the years fly by. We are both striving to grow in Biblical Manhood and Biblical Womanhood. It is our desire to live out the roles God has designed us to fulfill. As we live out what God has created us to be it draws us closer as a couple.
I am so blessed by my husband's sacrificial love and leadership of me and our children. I love his passion for the Word of God and how he directs me to God's Word for encouragement. I love how he is my best friend and listens to me share my heart. I am very thankful for Matt and love him with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment