Friday, April 15, 2011

Sister Dresses



One thing we are focusing on around our home is following routines and training the older ones to help the younger ones. Even Annagrace got practice at this the other morning. I asked her to help Abbie Joy put on her dress. They went upstairs together, and to my delight they both came back dressed. I think Annagrace was happy that she had been able to help Abbie Joy. When a family reaches our size and everyone is home all day everyday learning teamwork is a must. I did way too much for Lauren and Gabriel just because I could. There simply is not enough of me to do everything anymore. I think it is healthy for everyone to learn to work and help one another. Annagrace and Abbie Joy are growing up in a different environment than Lauren and Gabriel for that very reason. They both love to help and to be praised for their work. Sometimes it is easier to try to do it all myself, but in the long run it is much more efficient to teach everyone to work hard and have a servants heart towards their family. Some days are better than others, but we are working very hard at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment