Friday, November 23, 2012

Some Things I am Grateful For..........................


We spent Thanksgiving Day 2012 at Matt's mom's house and took our new dog Buddy along.  We kept him tied to a tree as he is not trained, but he had fun seeing all the commotion and receiving plenty of attention.  He did great on the car ride too.  


I am thankful that we were able to take a family vacation to Tennessee this past spring, and that part of that vacation was a mother/daughter conference called "Pure in Heart" www.pureinheartconference.com that I was able to take Lauren too.  I am still seeing fruit from that wonderful experience with Lauren.  I could totally live in Tennessee!
I am thankful that I was able to attend the True Woman conference truewoman.com a few months back.  I was able to be washed in the Word, to participate in a late night hymn sing, to serve as a volunteer, to meet some neat ladies, and to personally meet Nancy Leigh DeMoss on the last day.  I think Nancy graciously stood on her feet for hours as women kept coming one after another to meet her.  She took the time to make each one feel special.  I continue to be blessed by her sound, Biblical teaching and am enjoying her new devotional "The Quiet Place." http://www.reviveourhearts.com/store/product/quiet-place-roh-calendar-set/


I am grateful that the Lord continues to grow us, to humble us, and to teach us through all our business, our joys, and our trials.   We often feel desperately needy before Him, and I am convinced that is a healthy place to be.
I am thankful that when I have been desperately alone with the children during Matt's many travels that the Lord has been a faithful provider of so many of our needs.  He has sent people to help us and small encouragements along the way.  It has been a faith building experience to see how the Lord has stepped in and met needs when Matt has not been home to do so.
The seasons of life are shifting.  We now have our oldest creeping closer to her teen years and feel the changes coming at lightning speed.  At the same time we are still training little ones towards obedience and have others in-between.  Many different ages have a way of increasing demands but also bring in the blessing of older children to help with the younger ones.  It is interesting to see how this is unfolding.






I am thankful for my loving husband who sacrifices for his family ALL the time.  He is a wonderful servant leader and is seeking to disciple his family spiritually.  I am so very thankful for his commitment to us and his many sacrifices.
I am grateful that the Lord provided the way for Matt and I to take a thirteenth anniversary trip in October.  We went to Ohio and visited the largest Amish community in America.  Can I just say that I am in a little bit of heaven when I am in the Amish country?  I miss it so much!  It is so peaceful, so quaint, so family oriented, so christian oriented, so very much that I love!!!  I am not Amish, but I am convinced that if I had been born Amish I would have fit in VERY well.  :)
I am grateful that our three oldest are all taking piano and progressing.  I even take a lesson when it works out with our schedule.  I really am grateful that my children are getting this musical foundation in the instrument I love and from the teacher I love.  She taught me when I was a teenager.  These are some of the things I am grateful for in this season of our lives.

  I am thankful that my Lord is always bringing me back to my need for Him and His cross work for me.  He is showing me that my life is not about me but is to bring glory to Him.  He is also gently reminding me that I cannot do it apart from Him.  I am thankful that He not only saved me but continues to convict me and mold me to His ways which are "higher than my ways."


Isaiah 55:8-9

English Standard Version 
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Well, after having our Thanksgiving feast here at home today we are resting and then we begin decorating for Christmas.  I am praying about my expectations this year.  I truly desire to focus on Christ and on family moments rather than stressing over all that won't matter in about a month when we tear it all down.  I am praying for wisdom as to how to make it special without getting our lives out of balance and being completely stressed by it all.  I know I need to simplify and yet I don't want to turn into scrooge either.  :)  So, I am feeling the need for some changes and yet praying about what those changes should look like.  How do I keep things simple and yet meaningful?  That is my food for thought today.  :)  Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment