Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cannot Quench Love











This year was my thirteenth year to have Matthew Adams as my Valentine. I have to say whether we have gone out on a fun date or been home with sick children Valentine's with my special man is a blessing. This year we were home as life has been too crazy to think about going anywhere. After the children went to bed we had some scrumptious carry out desserts. The menu consisted of carrot cake, snicker's pie, chocolate covered strawberries, and white chocolate mocha decaf. We ate our delicacies on small china plates, and enjoyed coffee in our new Mr. and Mrs. mugs. I purchased them for Valentine's along with a Mr. and Mrs. journal.

http://www.dayspring.com/collections/mr_mrs_love_collection/


The journal is so creative. One side says Mr. and is a place where Matt can journal and write anything to me. The flip side of the journal says Mrs. and is a place for me to write to Matt. I began writing in the Mrs. side by writing fourteen things I love about Matt on February fourteenth. I think the journal is going to be something sweet and encouraging between us. This verse:

"Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can floods drown it." - Song of Solomon 8:7


is printed on the inside of the mugs. The other night Matt and I were reading our couples devotional and came across the question of what keeps our marriage in tact. We discussed that thought and said that the Lord being at the center of our relationship has kept us strong. Also, the fact that we are committed. That means we don't look for an out when things are hard. We work at the marriage. We also keep seeking to grow and learn. Books, teaching videos, and christian family podcasts such as www.familylife.org are helpful tools to keep us growing. Most importantly, marriage is like a triangle where Christ is at the top point. Matt is at one of the lower points, and I am at the other lower point. As Matt and I grow closer to the Lord we naturally grow closer to each other. There is a real sweetness in our fellowship when we are learning and growing from God's Word and can talk about those things together. Matt and I are not perfect, and we have to work to keep connected. There are stresses in life and a lot of little people in our home that can easily pull us from deep fellowship. I am thankful for Matt and for the Lord who gave him to me. I am thankful that,

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in US (Matt and Ruth/ my paraphrase) will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment