Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting READY!







Psalms 104:14
You cause the grass to grow for the livestock
and plants for man to cultivate,
that he may bring forth food from the earth




It is that time again.....spring is in the air! The children and I made a big trip to town today. We went to Sam's to buy some raised/box garden beds. Wouldn't you KNOW it started raining while we were shopping and we did not have an umbrella. :( Let me just tell you that is not a good scenario when your Sam's cart is loaded and five children are with you. I was so thankful for the sweet lady at the door who called some help for me. A nice guy came and stood with my three older children at the door while I pulled the van up front. Then he helped me to load up the van. Times like that really make you thankful for help! After that we dropped off some things at a donation drop off and then headed to the garden center. We were able to buy some flowers and some garden vegetable plants. They still do not have everything in stock but we got a start. We also came home with eighteen bags of dirt in our van. I could feel the weight of the loaded down van as I drove home. The children helped me drag the bags of dirt out of the van and found creative ways of getting the bags where we wanted them. They used the red wagon (ONE OF THE BEST PURCHASES WE HAVE EVER MADE!!!) and the Barbie jeep to get the bags around. Lauren even propped up bags on the seat of a tricycle and pushed them. It was fun to see them so excited and working hard as a family team. We are all excited to get some things planted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment