Monday, January 18, 2016

A Birth Story of God's Faithfulness Part One

As I shared in my last post I have a desire to share our testimony about the birth of our daughter Ella Ruth and my health crisis following her birth.  I want to share the incredible greatness of our Lord through this journey.  I know most of our friends and family shared our journey on Facebook, but I want to share in more detail about the emotions I have had and the special ways the Lord has carried us through this deep valley.  I find myself so grateful for my renewed health and sometimes just saying, "Thank you, Lord" when I remember just how pathetically helpless I was.  I am still processing everything that happened.  In fact it is hard for me to even believe everything that happened.  I feel like writing about it will help me as well as be a written history for future generations to read.
  To start with we went into the hospital early on the morning of August 27, 2015 for a scheduled version and induction.  We knew our Ella Ruth was transverse, and we were very hopeful that she could be turned manually through a version.





That morning I was given an epidural which never worked properly.  It did help numb some of the pain but not like my previous epidurals.  I kept commenting that I was far from being completely numb, and so I was given more and more medicine throughout the morning.  My doctor and her assistant brought in an ultrasound machine and manually maneuvered my belly until Ella Ruth was head down.  I was induced and thought we would likely have a normal birth.  According to God's plan that is not how it played out.......Ella Ruth went back into a transverse position, and my doctor recommended a caesarean.  She said we had a window of time where things were not yet dangerous, but if we delayed things could become risky.  I was scared as I had never had a caesarean.  All of my previous six births went smoothly, and I never really imagined that I would ever need a caesarean until I was informed that Ella Ruth was transverse and it was a possibility.  Now that Matt and I were faced with this decision it felt surreal and scary.  I still was not fully numb from the epidural, but I was quickly asked to remove all jewelry and was wheeled to the operating room.  The situation had become very stressful and things began happening very fast.  To be continued...............................




No comments:

Post a Comment