Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Sunday Afternoon










Today was a good day. The children and I went to church and heard a guest pastor speak about spreading the gospel. One Scripture he shared that I loved was,

"Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls, 18Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!"
- Habakkuk 3:17-19

So, today was a good day. Not an easy day but a good day. This afternoon the children and I spent some time outdoors. Here you can see some of the things that brought me joy today. Little girls in a new wagon; we wore our old one out. Little girls playing pretend birthday party with wildflowers, bubbles, baby chicks, a flower pot that is thriving, a nature loving daughter enjoying tadpoles, Sweet smiles..................Those were things to rejoice in this afternoon.
Tonight was taxing getting everyone fed, cleaned, and ready for bed. But it helps to think about the blessings of the afternoon. Tomorrow we start our yearly swimming lesson sessions. We will go everyday for a couple of weeks and it will be tiring, but the results are always so worth the effort. I am looking forward to seeing my children develop their swimming skills further this year. I also look forward to seeing them getting some really good daily exercise. I am hoping it will wear some of their energy off. :)

2 comments:

  1. These are my favorite verses!!! I've been reading them frequently in spite of our car problems :) and these verses are part of the Habakkuk study devotional I got from Revive Our Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, these truly are great verses. You can plug in any undesirable circumstance or trial and then say, "Yet will I praise Him." That is so powerful, and I really need to grow in the area of praising through trials.

    ReplyDelete