Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Homemaking Skills for Annagrace






I have posted much on this blog about Lauren's handiwork. She is one crafty inclined young lady. Well, recently it has really been hitting me that my second daughter, Annagrace, is more than ready to begin learning homemaking skills and crafting as well. So, we have made a few small attempts at learning to sew, craft, and cook lately. I found a vintage teddy bear kit that I purchased and surprised her with. She was really pleased with her finished product. The bear was sewn together with pre-cut pieces of felt, so it was super easy but rewarding. Also, last Sunday I did tie blankets with Lauren and Annagrace. I bought the pre-cut kits half off at Joaann's fabric store. I love the excitement I see in my girl's faces when they have completed a project. It really is important to me that my girls learn these womanly arts. I want them to be skilled homemakers so that they can one day take care of their own families if the Lord chooses to bless them with homes of their own.

"And so TRAIN the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the Word of God may not be reviled." Titus 2:4-5

The word TRAIN strikes me in the above verse from Titus. A little girl is not going to grow up somehow just knowing how to be a woman of God, how to be kind, how to work at home, how to love her family, etc. Our little girls have to be TRAINED in Biblical womanhood. It is a mother's privilege and responsibility to TRAIN her daughters day by day, precept upon precept. It is easy for me to get caught up in the mundane duties of each day and forget to TRAIN as we walk the path each day.
Deuteronomy 6:6-7
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. I feel so blessed when I do take the time to TRAIN my girls and see the joy it brings to them. I hope one day they in turn will TRAIN their daughters and the legacy of Biblical Womanhood will be passed from one generation to the next. I have much to learn about the training of my children. I make many mistakes all the time, but the Lord is faithful to continue TRAINING me too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment