Saturday, January 21, 2012

Seven Quick Takes for This Week


Well, here we are at the end of another week. This morning found me buried in our craft room rummaging through a huge mess of maternity clothes, baby clothes, special momentos, and crafts of all kinds scattered around. I made a dent but still have much more work before that room is organized. I am thankful that I ended up with a pile of things I can donate and get some more things out from under this roof. I hope you all are doing well, and here are seven quick takes for you:

1. Here are some great links I found this week. I thought I would share them with my readers.

Want some creative uses for pencil boxes? Check out this: http://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/

Here is a link for Psalm 119 put to music. I would LOVE for my children to know Psalm 119 by heart. This cd sings through Psalm 119! http://www.shepardmusic.com/

I really enjoyed reading this post about the life of Sarah Edwards. She was the wife to Jonathon Edwards. http://joyfilleddays.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/what-you-can-learn-from-sarah-edwards/


2. Here is a great quote from John Calvin on the need to rejoice in the Lord.

“We are cold when it comes to rejoicing in God!” wrote Calvin. “Hence, we need to exercise ourselves in it and employ all our senses in it – our feet, our hands, our arms and all the rest – that they all might serve in the worship of God and so magnify Him.”

3. Yesterday I got lost in Joann's fabrics and came home with some 99 cent patterns and new fabric. I hope to get these projects finished: a new skirt for me, two new bibs for Lilly Faith, teach Lauren and Annagrace how to sew tote bags and teach Lauren how to make jammy pants.

4. This week a friend blessed our children with one of those nice, large plastic play houses. My children have been having sooo much fun with it. This sweet friend also taught Lauren how to do some cake decorating. Thank you, sweet friend!

5. I have been in the first book of Ephesians this week meditating on the spiritual blessing the Lord has poured out upon me as His child. When you realize your position in Christ and how many resources He has already given you it gives great encouragement.

6. I am reading through "More Devotions for Homeschool Moms" by Jackie Wellwood. It is a book of short two page devotions for homeschool moms. She writes very authentically sharing from her own struggles with her large family. This book, as well, as Jackie's first book "Devotions for Homeschool Moms" have been really encouraging.

7. The weather has been really warm; like in the seventies. My children have been playing outside without even a sweater. It feels like I should already be planting spring plants. Looks like this may not be a very cold winter. I am o.k. with that as I would rather my children get to play outside. Well that is all for now. Have a blessed weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment