Sunday, January 15, 2012

Seven Quick Takes for This Week






1. I have new household help that I absolutely am soooo incredibly thankful for. It is my new Roomba Robot that Matt gave me for Christmas. This little friend drives herself around on my tile floors picking up all kinds of dirt and crumbs. She goes all over our downstairs working diligently. She does not even complain about her chore. :) I was uncertain about it at first, but it has turned out to be a really big help. I just wish she could mop too.

2. I read this quote and thought it was powerful "Let the child's first lesson be obedience, and the second will be what thou wilt." -Benjamin Franklin

3. Gabriel has been playing catch up this week on some of his Cub Scouts requirements. He has spent time cooking and working on models as well as some other achievements. We will have some pictures coming soon.

4. Tonight I made baked oatmeal with cranberries for my family. They loved it. Here is the link I got the recipe from.

http://margo-joyfulhomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/01/baked-oatmeal-with-cranberries-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JoyfulHomemaking+%28Joyful+Homemaking%29


5. One highlight of my week was going to the mailbox and finding a hand written note card and special gift sent to me totally unexpected. What an encouragement! It reminds me again of the power of encouragement in handwriting a blessing to a friend or family member. With email it is seldom that I send mail the old fashioned way, but what an encouragement it can be!!! I was so incredibly blessed.

6. I have spent years now unable to attend women's Bible study due to the season of life I am in homeschooling my children. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make, but I do miss the fellowship, accountability, and encouragement. I have decided to try an online Bible study and am excited about it.

http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/

I have never tried anything like this, but I look forward to an opportunity to learn with others. We are going to be using the SOAP method of Bible study. I have never done SOAP before, but my husband has and really enjoyed it.

7. This past week the children and I took time most mornings to sing together. Abbie Joy always wants to sing "Jesus Loves Me" or "I've Got the Joy Down in My Heart." We usually oblige, but we have also been trying to learn some Scripture verses put to music. I look forward to continuing with that tomorrow. May you all be blessed as we close out this Lord's Day, and may you have a week focused on Jesus our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment