Monday, January 9, 2012




Yep, it has been one of those kinds of mornings. We had a terrible storm blow over this morning. I heard a tornado went by. The lights kept flickering on and off and of course the children thought that all the excitement excused them from their normal responsibilities. It was far more important to drag all their treasured possessions to a safe place in the house creating a lot to clean up later in the day. Also, we realized Gabriel had several assignments due for Cub Scouts tonight that we had dropped the ball on. He and I got in the kitchen to start working on his cooking skills only to realize that we were missing several key ingredients. Oh well, we did what we could and will try to complete the assignments by next week. We got in a little reading and the children worked on their computer school work. Most importantly we did our Bible time and had a sweet time of singing together. Sometimes our days just fly out of orbit before we can hardly start them, but the Lord is faithful even in the bad days. Yes, I felt like everything was totally out of control, however, I can look back and see that we did accomplish what the Lord had for us this morning. Oh, and I also got one load of laundry done so that is good. Dinner will probably be fast food tonight, but after all that is just the kind of day we are having. :) We will just press on knowing that not everyday is this chaotic. I am also thankful that the Lord continues to develop His good fruit in our lives; days like today remind me of how much we need His continuing process of sanctification.

Philippians 1:6
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making lemonade out of those lemons. You continue to amaze me. I love you

    ReplyDelete