Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reflections on our Christmas






Happy New Year to all of you. It is hard to believe another year has come and gone. I do believe that was the fastest year that has ever flown by. I wanted to share some photos from our Christmas. We had a lot of sickness over the Chistmas season, but we were together and have so much to give thanks for. The Lord is with us even when circumstances are not perfect. It seemed that most of December I was home wiping noses, worrying over a child with croup, listening to whininess, and then finally sick myself. I was tempted to feel sorry for myself as many around me were caught up in festivities and such. I was reminded that different seasons of life have different responsibilities and freedoms. When I was younger and single my Christmases were very full with church functions during December. This year we did well just to make it to church on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I had to remember that I have to accept the season I am in along with its many limitations. One day I won't have runny noses to wipe and messes to clean up, and I will be remembering the Christmas joys of little ones excited over new toys and such. I will miss all the little people to hug and snuggle with. Yes, each season is different and I am trying to embrace the fullness of this very busy season with all my little blessings. Here are some photos of our Christmas Eve and Christmas morning celebrations. May the Lord bless you all in the year to come as we keep our eyes stayed upon Him.

Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
(Hebrews 12:2 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment